Saturday, February 6, 2010

February Financial Fast, Day 6

So, the "February Financial Fast" has been in full swing for 6 days now. How's it going? Not bad, really.

I did buy one thing: an umbrella. Mine was stepped on and broken and the rain just has not stopped around here lately. I tried to think of a way around it (besides, you know, just getting wet), but sadly, I do not own a poncho and none of my coats are waterproof.

Other than that, there's been nothing. Our pantry and freezer remain full and the only thing I have really missed was being able to grab something to eat while out running errands the other day. Because of a doctor's appointment, I had skipped breakfast and by the time I got out of there, picked up my daughter, and gone to the pharmacy, it was 3 in the afternoon and I was regretting not having planned ahead. So, lesson learned. When I went out yesterday, I packed a lunch!

The photos below are of our two main pantry spaces on January 31st. Because of my couponing and stocking up since October, there isn't much change yet, but I will post more as the month progresses.


3 comments:

  1. You GO GIRL!! This is awesome...I sure wish my stockpile looked like this! Keep up the good work (and sacrifice)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I get stranded at your house, I think we'd be fine!! lol For awhile at least! I just read the February Financial Fast and I have to say great idea and great job. I am not going to say that I will try that right now, because first of all, I don't want to lie and because second of all, I have so already messed up if I were going to try it. But it is something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic, Erica! This past month, I have been doing something similar (with less intensity) due to sick girls and a lack of funds (due to taking time off from my PC business during the holidays.) I don't think I could go without milk (cereal is a breakfast staple), bread (Katie's must for PB&J), fresh fruit (the girls' snacks) or meat (Brookes' must) for the rest of the month. Currently, we don't have enough room in our freezer for meat because I have it stocked with frozen veggies, ice cream (my addiction), and too much Toaster Strudel (because I got carried away with the last coupon/sale.) Please keep us updated with how you are doing it. Inquiring minds want to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!