Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Be Salty

I was reading to my daughter from The Word & Song Bible the other night when I came across something I had never really thought of before.  The story references Matthew 5:13 where Jesus says, "You are the salt of the earth...".

But what does that mean?  How am I salt?  Quite honestly, I had never considered it before.

This story goes on to say "...real salt always makes people thirsty.  And when you're thirsty, you want a drink of water."

If we are the salt, then we are the ones who are supposed to make others thirsty - thirsty for Living Water (John 4:10-11)!  We should be "salty" enough that we cause others to want to know about Jesus when they see us.  If we lose our saltiness, we can't make people thirsty.  We must work every day to reflect Jesus in our words and actions so that people will thirst for Him.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the short, yet powerful and thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the short, yet powerful and thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!