Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Five for 8/31/12

Today's Friday Five is from Jennifer! Hooray!

A few weeks ago we celebrated Hannah’s first birthday. My, how time flies. I’ve learned a lot in the past year. I thought I would share a few of those things here for today’s Friday Five.

1. A brownie and a can of Slim-Fast is an appropriate meal. I don’t do that much anymore, but in the first few weeks of having Hannah I was lucky to get to eat at all. Generally whatever was easily accessible was on the menu.

2. It’s not only acceptable, but expected to talk about poop. Seriously, the inspection and discussion of the poop was a surprise to me. Who knew??

3. I now understand why people purchase larger vehicles. I’ll be honest, before Hannah, I really didn’t “get it” when I saw others rush out to buy a mini-van when the first child arrived. How much room can one baby need? Then, I put the car seat, diaper bag and stroller in my CRV and thought, “I need a bigger car.”

4. Sleep is precious. Thankfully our sweet girl began sleeping through the night at twelve weeks old. Just in time for me to go back to work. Those first twelve weeks were rough, though. I still miss those “pre-Hannah” Saturdays when I could sleep until 9:00am if I wanted. However, I wouldn’t trade those days for the sweet sound of my girl waking up around 6:30 every morning.

5. My heart is overflowing. I think I love her more with every passing day. She has brought joy to my life that I didn’t even know I was missing.

As we go into year two with Hannah, I look forward to the life lessons we will learn and the joys, and yes, even the heartaches we will experience on this journey.

Have a great weekend!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

We love hearing your thoughts!