Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Five for 6/22/12

I often have little snippets of things that I'd like to share with you, but then can't work them up into anything substantial, so they just sit, half-written and semi-forgotten on my computer. This is a bad habit I've fallen into and hope to remedy with a new addition for Far Above Rubies - the Friday Five. Sometimes it will be five little thoughts that don't warrant a full post on their own, sometimes Bible verses around a particular theme, sometimes quotes that got me thinking and sometimes, I expect, it will be completely random. Without further ado, I present our first Friday Five.



Today's Friday Five consists of quotes I've read or heard recently that got me thinking. I hope they do the same for you.

1. "Once you've felt the sun on your face, the moon will never do."
That is what being a child of God is to me: the sun on my face. He shines down on me and blesses me. I don't know how anyone could settle for less.

2. "We live in a world of sin, just as a boat is surrounded by water. The trouble comes when the water gets in the boat."
I may not have the wording of this one just right - it's from the sermon I heard Sunday, but it was just such a perfect illustration that I had to share it. Everyone can picture being safe and dry in a boat and they can also picture that boat being pulled down and sinking by the weight of water brought on board.

3. "The Bible is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions."
How true! I think we could also substitute "prayer" in there, too.

4. "Live in such a way that, if someone should speak badly of you, no one would believe it."
I want this painted on the ceiling above my bed so that it is the first thing I see in the morning as a reminder of who God wants me to be.

5. "People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved."
I don't have anything more to add to this. How much better would the world be if we just all remembered this?


- by Erica
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Friday Five! My favorites are 2 and 4! Thanks for the burst of encouragement...needed it this very moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Friday Five idea!! Maybe I can borrow that idea and have a Thursday Three or something! LOL (It seems so hard for me to come up with a complete article.) These are great! Especially love the analogy of #2. Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea Erica and I absolutely love #3. What a great reminder that we need the nourishment of God's Word every day! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!