Tuesday, May 4, 2010

At All Times

A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.

Prov 17:17

This is a verse that I got to experience last weekend while I was at our church’s ladies retreat. I was looking forward to hearing all the wonderful speakers and being challenged and bonding with other Christian women. Friday night started out great; but, before dawn on Saturday I was running to the bathroom.

The dreaded stomach flu struck. My Christian sisters brought water and Sprite to my hearts content, prayed for me, visited even during the thunder storm, called my hubby (who happened to be in the same predicament) to check on him and the children, packed my belongings, took me home, stocked the refrigerator with fluids, fed my children, spent the night, called in the morning, brought lunch the next day. Even a brother stopped by with a bag of juice and a bag of fruit because he noticed that we weren‘t in the worship assembly and thought we might be in need. In essence, when we were completely helpless, they thoroughly cared for us. When I spoke to one of the women who had done so much for me, she simply said, “That’s just what family does.” Words cannot express how thankful I am for what Kim, Sandy, Kenya, Denise, Brian, and others did for our family. Thank you for your care. I am so grateful to be a part of the body of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. That is such an example of what attitude and actions we should have with one another in those times of needs. Thank you for the example and the reminder of how to be selfless. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!