Monday, January 25, 2010

What I Learned, or Re-Learned, This Week

1. Take care of your teeth - dental repairs are painful and expensive.

2. I can make (and am making) this shawl.

3. If you tape a poster to the wall and it falls and you put back and it falls again and this repeats every day for a week, it is no longer the tape's fault. It's yours. Go find the thumbtacks.

4. An evening with the girls can completely rejuvenate.

5. Coupons are great, but sometimes the best way to save money is just to stay home.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that sister! I actually had to giggle out loud on the last one. I may be headed straight for "Couponers Anonymous" if I don't learn "when to say when" concerning coupons.

    I missed a deal last week and it was quite therapeutic. I must learn that I don't have to get EVERY deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! My pantry is BURSTING and yet I still feel compelled to get to the grocery every week! I got an idea from Yvonne: Joe and I are going to try to not buy ANYTHING in the month of February. No more groceries, no eating out, no shopping at all. We'll make do with what we have or we'll do without. (I am scared, already!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good about emailing me when we talk about stuff that is online! Thank you! I am so excited about your fast and I am anxious to cheer you on. Maybe if my stockpile continues to grow, I will give it a try later on myself!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!