Monday, January 25, 2010

Someone's Watching Me

It's not that I didn't realize others mattered on my race to heaven, it's just that usually I'm so focused on how I'm going to get there that I forget that Christianity is a team sport.

Now don't get me wrong, we all have to do our part (I guess it's more like a relay race...Philippians 2:12-16), but God is pleased to see his children working and growing together.

I recently received two very encouraging notes from two younger sisters in Christ. They weren't long profound letters or phone calls, but the impact was enormous! One came in the form of a text message. It simply said, "Hey Kenya! I wanted to send you a few words and let you know that I love you and appreciate your example as a Christian woman!"

"Wow, where did that compliment come from? What did I do?" I thought. I thanked God for her that moment...she had truly made my day. The second sweet encouragement came in the form of a Facebook status (maybe you didn't realize how encouraging Facebook can be). My sister simply mentioned several ladies in her status that she was blessed to know through their spiritual marriages. (another humbling compliment)

This message isn't really about compliments at all (although they are very nice). This message is more about the fact that your sisters in Christ are watching you.(Unfortunately, this means they notice the good and the bad.) They are noticing the things you say. They are noticing the church events you attend. They are watching the way you interact with your husband and your children. You are someone's big sister and maybe you never even realized it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one, Kenya! Maybe making the right decisions is easier if we remember we might also be showing others how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes you think. I've heard that several times...'someone is always watching you'. Along the same lines, I've heard 'be a good example because you never know who is watching you'. It's also like that saying 'we (Christians) are the only Bible some people ever read'. Good post!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!