Sunday, January 17, 2010

What I Learned, or Re-Learned, This Week

I have been knitting incorrectly for years, but it doesn't matter because the result is the same.

Some of our best school lessons can happen when my daughter climbs in bed with me in the morning and we just talk.

Sometimes I need to let go and let my child be herself and trust that she will act appropriately.

Chocolate fondue is amazing.

My husband is a much better driver than I give him credit for.

No matter how comfortable a hotel bed it, there is nothing like being at home in your own bed.

The best of plans can be completely sidelined by something as simple as rain.

Just because someone else likes a particular tourist attraction, doesn't mean you and your family will as well.

FDR died at his “Little White House” in Georgia.

The occasional nap is a wondrous thing.

I absolutely love taking pictures with my new camera.

My God loves me! (Yes, I already knew this, but I love it when He reminds me.)

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Thanks for those reminders...isn't it funny how soon we forget all the little things and look for PROFOUND things to amaze us? It's never THAT complicated... :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!