Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

Politics is a tricky business. I know some people who are very involved and others who fully abstain. It fascinates me. I guess it comes from my love of American history. But, like I said, it is a tricky business. We don't all agree, even when we have the same goals, and that makes things complicated sometimes.

For all the things that can and do go wrong in this country, I believe we are supremely blessed to live here. None of us has ever known a time when we couldn't worship the Lord openly, when we couldn't say what we wanted to say. The very fact that this blog exists is due to our freedoms. There are plenty of other countries that would shut us down.

I am thankful today, and every day, for that freedom and for all those who serve our country. Today I will be praying for them - the firefighters and police officers, the military, even the politicians - and I hope you will join me.

God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her through the night with a light from above.


Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, (1 Timothy 2:1-3 NKJV)





- by Erica
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful too. May we be thankful every day and not just on holidays.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!