Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Five for 7/13/12

Today's Five is pretty personal, but, I think it is also pretty universal...

Five Things I'm Praying About Right Now

1. My Brother
My little brother just announced that he is getting married. In October. We're all very happy and love his fiancé, but it is a time of big changes and so I am praying for them.

2. My Daughters
I haven't talked much about my daughters here, but many of you know them. My relationship with my eldest (age 20) is strained, to say the least. She has made and continues to make decisions that I Biblically/personally/maternally cannot support. As for my younger daughter (age 13), she faces significant psychiatric issues that are a major focus of our daily lives.

3. My Mom and Her Family
The loss of my maternal grandmother last month was a huge blow that continues to affect us all in many ways.

4. My Husband
His job is extremely stressful and he is also in the process of applying for promotion. As the sole bread-winner of our house, he feels tremendous pressure. I do not envy being head of the house and I pray for his wisdom and strength daily.

5. Myself
Up to now, I have told very few people about this, but on Tuesday of next week, I will be having surgery. It isn't a huge deal in my mind, but any surgery has risks. For me, the benefits far outweigh those risks. Still, if you find the chance to remember me in your prayers Tuesday morning, I would appreciate it.

So, what's on your prayer list today? Can I/we pray for you about anything in particular?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on the marriage! Second of all, I hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday and you have a quick and complete recovery. Third, yes, I do have a prayer request, since you asked :) . Please pray that my brother-in-law finds a job soon. He preaches for a small church but has been looking for a job with insurance for a long time now. It has caused great stress, physically, mentally, emotionally and financially. There is a possibility on the horizon. They both have health issues and need income for one thing, but really need the health insurance also. There is a family at our church who has lost a 40 year old loved one and her funeral service was today. That family is on my prayer list and in my thoughts today. And I am thanking God for the rain today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with us. I am grateful for all the times you listened to my burdens and am thankful that you share with me, giving me a chance to encourage you, too. The load is easier knowing we have support.
    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!