Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Five for 7/20/12

Considering that I've been under the influence of heavy medication for a good part of this week and that it's after 10pm on Friday, today's Five is going to be different. Today, I have Five questions for you. If you can, please take a couple of minutes to answer them, it would mean a lot to me. You can answer in the comments or you can email us, you can be anonymous or not - it's up to you!

1. What would you like to see more of here at Far Above Rubies?
2. What should we not change?
3. What is your favorite Scripture?
4. Are you married? Have children?
5. What do you think is the most pressing issue for Christian wives and mothers today?

So, there it is. Short and sweet and, hopefully, not too difficult.

Also, let me take a minute to thank all of you who wrote me that you are praying with me. It was a huge source of strength for me this week and I hope it helps to know that I am also praying with you.


- by Erica
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. 1. You are already doing it: more posts. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts, insights, perspectives, encouragement, and even trials (so I know who/what to pray for).
    2. The variety of speakers
    3. Currently? Jeremiah 17:7-8 is on my wallpaper, so I can absorb it a little more every time I sit at my computer, if that counts as a favorite.
    4. Yes and yes
    5. As a wife: making time for husband because of other distractions (kids, work, housework, church, errands, etc.)
    As a mother: maintaining/building patience, self control, and perseverance in the consistent repetition of disciplining your children

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed this....so here goes...
    1. The only thing I can think of is more posts like mjbacon suggested, but we have been seeing more, so that's great.
    2. the church of Christ affiliation on the website
    3. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct thy paths." (this was also one of many favorites of my late grandfather's)
    4. Yes I am married and have 1 son.
    5. The most pressing issue, in my opinion, for mothers is one dealing with not being conformed to this world. I see more and more Christian moms letting their kids do things that they should not be doing. The most pressing issue, in my opinion, for wives is respecting our husbands and not letting the world dictate how our roles should be and not letting the devil into our marriage. He tries. He tries so hard. It's just hard to be the right kind of person we should be as Christian mothers and wives. The devil is always there ready to attack us. We must ever be aware of his presence.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!