Thursday, June 23, 2011

Are You Serious?

When I was approached via email by Erica about becoming part of Far Above Rubies as a contributing writer, my initial reaction was ‘are you serious?’. I actually typed that question to her in an email. Of course she (and the other ladies) were serious, but it really caught me by surprise that I would be asked to write. I was shocked, excited and honored by that offer from The Ruby Sisters. I never have considered myself a writer. Yeah, I’ve written a few poems, but haven’t we all? Then I got to thinking that EVERYONE has SOMETHING to write about. Yes, it may not always appeal to every reader that comes across it, but there will be some (at least your mom or husband or sister) who will enjoy reading what you write. Everyone has their own personal experiences from which others can glean valuable lessons from, or you know, at least a good chuckle. We all come from different backgrounds with different perspectives and different experiences and trials and emotions, etc. We can learn from each other though despite these differences. We’re all different, but yet we’re all the same too. For example, I may be going through one type of loss while another person may be struggling with a different type of loss, but we’re still both experiencing LOSS.  The experience may be different, but the feelings are the same.  So it is through these lenses, that I am going to share my words on Far Above Rubies and hopefully someone will enjoy reading it or possibly benefit by reading it, or you know, at least get a good chuckle for the day.

I want to thank The (original) Ruby Sisters for allowing me to be a part of this journey with you all and I can’t wait to read what the new Ruby Sisters have to share. Have a blessed day!

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones."  Proverbs 16:24

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Amy! Raw honesty is what always impresses me! Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Amy. I look forward to seeing things through your unique lense! I love that God made us all so different, but so alike at the same time. It was great to meet you last weekend. Perhaps we can have a ruby sisters retreat sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kenya and Jennifer for your kinds words! Ruby Sisters Retreat! Now that sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!