Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Each in our own words:






Yvonne:

  • salvation
  • health
  • family/hubby/children/etc.
  • gift of motherhood
  • home
  • food
  • church family
  • grace - God's patience with me
  • quiet peaceful life
  • sunshine/flowers/blankets

Kenya:

  • friends who are happy to listen to your vents
  • a gut-busting, tear-dropping laugh
  • cuddle time with my hubby
  • sharing an evening swapping stories with my kids
  • sharing the kitchen with generations of wise women in my family as we prepare for Thanksgiving
  • a fun, impromptu sing-a-long that the whole joins in on (just makes you smile)
  • (most of all) God's faithfulness to always give you exactly what you need, exactly when you need it. Why do we worry anyway?


Jennifer:
  • Fall weather
  • My patient and loving husband
  • Godly parents
  • The sound of the ocean
  • My church family
  • Chocolate in any form
  • Sweet memories of those that are no longer with me
  • Good health
  • My job
  • Friends to laugh with
  • A loving and forgiving God

Erica:
  • Grace
  • Faithful, Christian parents
  • Loving husband with a great sense of humor and more patience than I deserve
  • Siblings I can count as friends
  • Red Maple trees in fall
  • Amazing brothers and sisters in Christ
  • Modern medicine
  • The new door that opens any time an old one closes
  • Chocolate
  • Freedom to worship and express myself
  • Inside jokes
  • A comfortable home with plenty to eat and a soft, warm bed
  • New friends
  • Old friends
  • In-laws who break every stereotype and are a blessing
  • The gift of another day
Togetherness is better than turkey, people are more important than pie, gratitude means more than green bean casserole, sharing is greater than shopping, love is above all.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. - Colossians 3:17
And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Ephesians 5:20
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! - 2 Corinthians 9:15
Above all today, remember the One to whom all Thanksgiving is due.
We'd love to hear the list of the things for which you are thankful; please share it in the comments.





1 comment:

  1. Reading and commenting a little late here! But every day is a day of Thanksgiving anyway or should be, so here's my partial, definitely not complete list:
    - Jesus' sacrifice on the cross so I can have hope of eternal life
    - God and his love and his grace and his mercy and his forgiveness
    - my husband of 12 years and son of 5 years (he's five years old! lol)
    - my Christian parents, family and in-laws
    - my library job
    - a nice warm house when it's cold outside and a nice cool house when it's hot outside
    - water
    - and I have to agree with you on the chocolate!

    Just a partial list here!

    It's New Year's Eve, so Happy New Year to you all! May we be thankful every day and not just on Thanksgiving! Love and enjoy your website so much! Thank you!

    -Amy C

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your thoughts!